Monday 20 March 2017

Andrei's leadership article.

In writing I have been learning to:
  • use all basic punctuation independently
  • attempt more complex punctuation (eg semicolons, colons, parentheses)


I have been especially focussing on using parentheses and commas. I have highlighted these in green where I have used them as well as other punctuation that I changed because it was used incorrectly. Here is a piece of my writing that shows this.

Leadership is a skill of being able to motivate people/ teams to work towards a goal. There are 6 traits of an effective leader: Integrity, Trustworthy, Resilient, goal focused, active thinker and motivational. My key leadership role for 2017 is Peer mediation, this means that once a week I have to walk around and watch for problems mainly in the junior area of the school. In order to be a good peer mediator I have to show the effective leadership traits in my role.

One of the leadership traits is being resilient. Being resilient means being able to not give up. Nelson Mandela showed that he was resilient because he never gave up even though it landed him in prison. I will make sure I am resilient by listening and working with the person with me. As well as being resilient I have to show Integrity.

Integrity means being strong with your opinions. Nelson Mandela showed integrity by being strong with his opinions even even though it landed him in jail. I am going to show integrity by not taking sides when there is a problem. Also I have to be trustworthy.

Trustworthy means I am trusted. Nelson Mandela was trustworthy because he did what he said. This is important to my leadership role because I have to be trusted to do my role. I am going to be trusted by not missing days.

I am going to be a good peer mediator by showing, resilience, Integrity and trustworthy. I am going to do that by not missing days not taking sides and paying attention this might be a challenge but I will give it my best shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment